Early Childhood & Tot Programs
Early Childhood classes at the Rolling Meadows Park District are geared to age appropriate skill development for young children. Classes are designed to help children develop emotionally, socially and intellectually while at the same time fostering the growth of small and large motor skills.
Preschool & Pre-K Classes
The Rolling Meadows Park District Early Childhood Education Program is designed to provide a positive, fun, first learning environment where children thrive. Classes begin in September and run through May (five sessions). Registration remains open as long as space is available. To register a child for preschool, tot time or prekindergarten, parents need to bring a birth certificate or passport. Proof of immunization is required at the start of class. All four year olds must be 4 by September 1. Three year olds must be 3 on or before their start date. All children need to be toilet trained. We currently offer an auto-withdrawal payment option via credit card.
By attending our program your child will:
- Feel safe and accepted while developing social and age appropriate developmental skills
- Develop a love of learning, self-confidence and the ability to problem solve
- Progress at his/her own pace under the supervision of experienced, nurturing teachers
- Begin to feel a sense of community and belonging through the friends he/she will make
- One preschool site with two playgrounds within walking distance
- Access to open park space for play
- Bright, colorful, kid-friendly air-conditioned rooms
- Opportunities to learn and explore different classrooms as part of the daily schedule
- Large motor skill development daily in our full size gym
- Access to the Park District Ice Arena during several pre-arranged outings
- Bussed field trips with Park District bus
- Monthly storytime provided by the Rolling Meadows Public Library
- A working relationship with local school district teachers regarding kindergarten expectations
- Fall 2013 Preschool, Pre-K and Tot Time classes
- Summer Early Childhood classes and information
- Early Childhood Summer Camps
Tot Classes & Camps
A variety of teacher directed tot classes are offered which are designed to prepare your child for preschool. Class themes include music, motor skill development and opportunities to have a first experience with different types of arts and crafts materials in a casual, semi-structured setting.
In addition, we offer a babysitting service in our Tot Activity Room 847- 818-3200 x234. Participants range in age from 1mos.-finishing kindergarten.