Ballfield Hotline Phone Number: 847-818-0112
Rolling Meadows Youth Baseball is the local house baseball league for the Rolling Meadows area. It carries a long standing tradition of over 50 years. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun atmosphere to teach our youth the fundamentals of baseball. Our league spans boys and girls ages 6 years and older. We strive to teach sportsmanship and fair play at all levels from basics to advanced fundamentals.
COVID-19 Baseball Guidelines
- Coaches should wear a face covering at all times.
- Coaches are responsible for practicing social distancing guidelines on the field of play and will keep participants 6 feet apart from one another if they are not participating in gameplay. Coaches must also be responsible for maintaining an attendance log of their players.
- Benches and dugouts are NOT to be used as an area to congregate. All player/coach meetings should take place in an open area where they can practice social distance measures of 6 feet apart from others.
- When not directly participating in a game, masks should be worn. In cases where players cannot wear a mask they must maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- Players must bring their own mitt. In an effort to reduce equipment sharing, if your child has their own bat and helmet for personal use please bring it (write your name on the equipment).
- No sunflower seeds or gum.
- Dugout area shall contain no more than 3 participants at any one time. Example: first inning batters 1/2/3 allowed in dugout; batter 1 goes up to bat, batter 2 moves into on-deck circle, batter 3 is "in the hole" (still in the dugout), batter 4 may move into dugout once batter 1 goes to bat, and batter 5 may go into dugout once batter 2 moves into the on-deck circle. The best way to describe it is like an assembly line. All other players would be social distancing outside the fence area of field.
- Each player should bring a minimum number of parents or caregivers to each game. These adult spectators will hold water bottles and other gear when not in use and act as the player "bench" when the player is not involved in an activity. They will assist the player with hand cleaning and other needs that require close contact. We encourage you to bring hand sanitizer for your own personal use.
- There is to be NO sharing of water bottles, post-game snacks, or high fives.
- Wipe down balls and equipment frequently; especially at the beginning and end of each practice or game.
- Please do not arrive earlier then 5 minutes before the start of your activity.
- Non-competitive activities (e.g. practices, drills, lessons) should be set up to allow for 6-ft social distancing between participants whenever possible.
- 30-ft of distancing is maintained between groups/opposing teams and spectators on the sidelines. Discourage interaction between groups outside of competitive game play.
- Group sizes should be limited to 50 total participants, coaches and referees/umpires (i.e. excludes spectators)
- Spectators must bring their own seating (e.g. chairs) from home.
- Spectators must wear a face covering when social distancing is not an option.
- If a player or family member is currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (ex: fever 100.4 or above) or doesn't feel well, they should NOT come to the field. For a listing of COVID-19 symptoms visit cdc.gov.
- Parents must notify Rolling Meadows Park District at email@example.com of any possible COVID-19 situation in their immediate family. League will act in accordance with State health guidelines.