Nelson Sports Complex Pool
We are pleased to inform you that we are planning to open the Nelson Sports Complex pool this summer. Staff is busy developing operating plans for the pool that will ensure our compliance with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Swimming Facility Guidelines for Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Program. We are working closely with the Cook County Health Department and our Risk Management Association on interpreting the IDPH guidelines to provide a healthy, safe, and fun environment for the public and staff this summer. As of this date and based on the current guidelines, we are planning the following:
- The pool will operate at a lowered attendance capacity to comply with state-mandated gathering limitations.
- Pool pass memberships will not be sold in 2021.
- Pool access will be managed fairly using an online, timed-ticket reservation system. Multiple two-and-a-half-hour public swim time slots will be sold each day.
- Enhanced sanitation protocols will be in place and the facilities will be cleaned and sanitized after each time slot.
- Swimming lessons will be held in 2021, more information regarding program details and registration to follow.
As has been the case throughout the pandemic, as the situation evolves in our region, we may have to quickly change our operating plans. As always, your patience and understanding is appreciated. We will provide updates as our operating and pool access plans firm up.