Fall into Fun with Early Childhood Classes
An excellent lineup of early childhood classes is about to get underway at Rolling Meadows Park District!
From parent and tot programs to classes that introduce independence to enrichment classes and extended day preschool activities, the Park District offers a variety of ways to play, learn and grow this November. Early childhood classes are available for toddlers as young as 1 to preschool and kindergarten-aged children.
“We’re fortunate to have such an innovative preschool team at Rolling Meadows Park District to introduce new classes each season and follow the latest research to keep children engaged and learning,” said Early Childhood Recreation Supervisor Karrie Miletic. “Our parent-tot activities, Lunch Bunch extended afternoons, enrichment programs and other classes help give children an edge as they begin their first steps toward education, all while having fun!”
Upcoming classes include:
Classes with Parents
- Busy Bees: Work together to create art, listen to stories and dance
- Leapin Lily Pads: Exercise and work on developing motor skills through play and mini-sports activities
- Parent/Tot Musical Adventures: Take a journey through music through singing, instruments, crafts and movement
Three Step Transition Classes
- Toddlin On My Way (Step 1): Children progressively learn to separate from parents and caregivers
- I’m a Big Kid (Step 2): A first time away from parent class for older 2-year-olds
- Preschool Prep Academy (Step 3) Get your child fully ready for preschool in this final step class!
Extended Day/Evening Programs
- Lunch Bunch: Extended afternoon class for preschoolers and kindergarteners
- Funtastic Fridays: Drop your 3 to 5-year-old off for an evening of pizza and themed activities
- Science Explorers & Lunch: Discover the mysteries of science with hands-on experiments
- Preschool Spanish & Lunch: Explore a new language with Ms. Fernanda
- Preschool Yoga: Try animal and nature poses to calm young minds through stretching
- Kindergarten Connection: Enhance academic and social skills through games and music
Openings are also available for Rolling Meadows Park District’s preschool program, open to 3 and 4-year-olds and led by highly experienced instructors in a nurturing environment. Children learn through play, creativity and connections with others.
For more information, visit rmparks.org or call 847-818-3200x 1237.
Posted on: Fri October 14, 2022