The Rolling Meadows Park District reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or combine classes or change instructors. A full refund will be issued for any program cancelled by the Park District. For all other refunds, a Refund Request Form must be submitted online. If you have questions on refund policy or form submittal, please contact customer service at the facility where the program takes place. Please see below for further details.
- All approved refunds will be applied as a household credit unless otherwise requested on the Refund Request Form.
- If a refund other than household credit is requested, a $5 processing fee will be applied.
- If requested, approved refunds will be made via check for cash or check payments, or will be refunded back to the original card number used for credit card payments. Please note, refunds via check take 10-21 days to process.
- Approved refunds of less than $10 will only be processed as household credits.
- Refunds are not given for special events, trips, or one-day programs unless the event is cancelled by Rolling Meadows Park District or the vacancy can be filled by another participant.
- Refunds are not given for classes that participants are unable to attend.
- Refunds are not given for passes, memberships, or the R.E.C. program except in cases of extreme illness, injury, death, or hardship. Hardship is defined as loss of income, relocation, or the inability to adjust to a program. Medical certification, death certificate, or other pertinent documentation may be required.
- Some programs have separate refund policies and will be noted on the program's page.
Timing of Requests
- A full refund will be processed for approved requests received 48 hours prior to the start of the program.
- Approved requests received less than 48 hours prior to the start of the program, but still prior to the third class meeting, will be issued a refund of 50% of the registration fee.
- Program and other non-refundable materials will be deducted from the refund total.
A certificate from a physician is required for medical exceptions. Approved medical exception refunds will be prorated from the time the request is received. Medical exceptions cannot be processed after the class has ended.Click here for our Refund Request Form
Start DatesClass start dates can vary depending on the program. Please be sure to check class descriptions to confirm class start date.
ADA ComplianceRolling Meadows Park District complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of a disability. Under the ADA, the Park District makes reasonable accommodations in recreation programs to enable participation by an individual with a disability who meets essential eligibility requirements for that leisure program and facilities. The ADA, which took effect in 1992, requires that recreation programs offered by the Park District be available in the most integrated setting appropriate for each individual. Please allow 48 hours for an aide to be placed. ADA Compliance Officer Kevin Romejko or Brian McKenna can be reached at 847/847-818-3200 x1116 or at Park Central, 3000 Central Road.
Photo Disclaimer & Social MediaRegistrants and participants permit the taking of photos and videos of themselves and their children during Park District activities for publication and use as the Park District deems necessary, including social media.
Catalog Error DisclaimerThis catalog is prepared months in advance of its delivery and occasionally a change or error occurs in fees, program codes, schedule or other information. When this happens, the Rolling Meadows Park District will correct the situation as quickly as possible. The most current catalog, with updates, will always be posted here on our website. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your patience and understanding when these situations arise.
Residents & Non-ResidentsThe Rolling Meadows Park District is a separate, tax-supported agency apart from the City of Rolling Meadows. This means that you may have a City of Rolling Meadows address but do not pay taxes to the Rolling Meadows Park District. Therefore, all participants that are non-taxpaying residents of the park district may be required to pay an additional fee. Non-Residents are welcome to join any Rolling Meadows Park District program. A quick way to determine your park district resident status is to look at your tax bill; the park district to which you pay taxes will be listed.
Class Cancellation InformationPlease don't wait until the last minute to register for a program. At some point prior to the first class, we need to decide if the enrollment is sufficient to hold the class. Avoid the chance of losing your favorite class due to low enrollment. You may find some programs/events in this catalog have strict registration deadlines. They will be listed separately. Register early!
Minimums, Maximums & WaitlistsAll programs have a minimum and maximum registration requirement. Please register early. If you do not get into the class you have selected, we will put your name on a waiting list and let you know if a new class will be created or a spot opens up.Don't miss out on a spot in your favorite class, register now!
Weather CancellationsFor specific program and event cancellations due to extreme weather, check our website homepage or call the facility in which your program takes place. The Park District reserves the right to modify closings/cancellations as needed.
TransportationTransportation for off-site programs is not provided unless specified.
RecyclingYou may not see recycling containers in our facilities and parks, but please know that the waste management service we contract separates the recyclable material from the solid waste at their state-of-the-art facility.
For Your SafetyThe North Entrance into the Community Center is a "No Cell Phone Zone" while operating a motor vehicle. Many young children are dropped off at our preschool or use the playground near the entrance. Thank you for your cooperation.