Ballfield Hotline phone number: 847-818-0112
The philosophy of the T-Ball league is to introduce baseball fundamentals and principals of good sportsmanship, in a non-competitive and fun atmosphere. Managers are instructed to make the experience as much fun as possible for all participants, and to insure a safe environment at all games. Developing skills and baseball knowledge should be introduced, but the ideals of sportsmanship and fair play are emphasized. We have three goals in T-Ball; safety, fun and instruction. Uniform provided, includes hat and jersey. Volunteer coaches are needed to run this program. Any questions please contact Scott Paddack at SPaddack@rmparks.org.
COVID-19 T-Ball Guidelines
- Teams are not fluid, your child will stay with the same team the entire 7 weeks.
- Coaches should wear a face covering at all times.
- Each player should bring a minimum number of parents or caregivers to each game. These adult spectators will hold water bottles and other gear when not in use and act as the player "bench" when the player is not involved in an activity. They will assist the player with hand cleaning and other needs that require close contact. We encourage you to bring hand sanitizer for your own personal use.
- We are spray painting gathering dots (bench) on the grass and they will be at 10 foot intervals to allowing for social distancing for the above mentioned parent or caregiver.
- Spectators must bring their own seating (e.g. chairs) from home.
- Spectators must wear a face covering when social distancing is not an option.
- Players must bring their own mitt. In an effort to reduce equipment sharing, if your child has their own bat and helmet for personal use please bring it (write your name on the equipment).
- Each team will have its own bag of equipment that will be theirs for the entire season. We will keep the equipment bags at the park district facility and clean and sanitize after each week. The equipment bag will contain helmets, 2 bats, and balls.
- If a player or family member is currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (ex: fever 100.4 or above) or doesn't feel well, they should not come to the field. For a listing of COVID-19 symptoms visit cdc.gov.
- All drills and, if possible, field positions during games should maintain a 6 foot distance between players.
- There is to be NO sharing of water bottles, post-game snacks, or high fives.
- Please do not arrive earlier then 5 minutes before the start of your game.